Being successful with a BYOD program also means open communication and clear expectation for what is coming next.
Proposed Timeline for BYOD to at Sturgeon Heights
- Meet with grade six teachers and support staff to decide key software for a great year next year.
- Host a parent night for grade 5 students. Likely May 30th, at 7:00pm for parents to come out, see some examples of technology and discuss the goals and guidelines of our program.
- Grade six teachers will have an opportunity during a PD day to talk about Google classroom and other technologies that will be in place for fall.
- Classes begin. Grade 7 and 8s bring their device to school.
- Grade 6 students bring their device to school.
- First two subjects to use devices will be language arts and social studies.
- As is appropriate, the next core subjects in grade 6 will begin to use devices during class.
- Teachers will have access to ongoing PD related to our key software pieces, like DiscoveryEducation and Google.